A podiatrist is a foot specialist that diagnoses and treats an array of foot conditions, including those caused by an injury. Many people put off seeing the Podiatrists in Kenosha WI because they are unaware of the signs they need foot treatment. With this information, individuals will better understand the signs they should look for to determine if they need to schedule an appointment with the podiatrist.
Signs a Foot Doctor Is Needed
There are a few different signs that should alert a person they need treatment from the podiatrists in Kenosha WI. Waiting too long to seek treatment can lead to continued or worsening problems. Prompt treatment can help to protect the health of the feet. The following signs should prompt a person to seek treatment from the foot doctor.
* Numbness and tingling in the feet can be a sign of neuropathy. When nerve damage begins occurring, prompt intervention is needed. A podiatrist can help patients understand the cause of their nerve damage and offer treatments to protect the nerves in their feet from further damage.
* Nail fungus is a difficult condition to overcome without professional intervention. A podiatrist can properly diagnose and treat the nail fungus condition, so it does not spread and continue to cause problems.
* If a person cannot bear weight on their foot, they need to make sure they see the podiatrist right away. A sprained ankle or broken bone take time to heal and often need professional treatments so healing proceeds as it should.
* Itching, burning, and rashes between the toes are caused by fungus. Athlete’s feet that continues to come back, despite efforts taken at home, needs to be analyzed by the doctor to determine the cause.
* Painful corns and calluses may seem like no big deal, but they can actually become chronic in nature and lead to major pain and even foot deformation. Prompt treatment from the podiatrist can remedy the pain.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are experiencing any of the above, contact the office of about Great Lakes Foot & Ankle Centers right away. Call today to schedule your appointment right away.