Two types of skin infections can make your canine pal’s life hard: yeast infections and bacterial infections. Don’t panic however, because both have a pretty simple dog skin infection treatment in Deptford area for you to try. Below, you will find a little information about both of them and some ways to deal with the infections after you take your pet to the vet of your choice.
These types of infections are common in the summer, so often they are mistaken for allergies. If your dog scoots across the floor, seems to have itchy paws or itchy ears, he probably has a yeast infection. You will want to go to your vet for a diagnosis and Dog Skin Infection Treatment in Deptford.
These are often infections caused by seasonal allergies. They happen when the dog scratches so much from their allergies it opens the skin and lets bacteria in.
Symptoms of a Yeast Infection
• Greasy skin that has an odd smell
• Symptoms in the armpits, ears, feet, and skin folds, as yeast likes moist areas to grow
• Holding his head to one side
• Shaking his head
• Scratching his ears
• Often, a brown discharge that looks like wax will be present in the dog’s ears
• Often occurs in dogs that have allergies or after an antibiotic treatment
Symptoms of a Bacterial Infection
• Open sores
• Constant licking of the area that is infected, which causes the infection to spread to other parts of the body
• Yellow or green discharge coming out of his ears
• Usually a result of an infection because of fleas, allergies or mites
Common Causes of Skin Infections
• Dogs who already suffer from allergies are apt to get these types of infections
• Dogs who scratch or lick their skin due to having allergies
• Dogs who have floppy ears, especially Cocker Spaniels and dogs with pendulum ears often infected
• Dogs with lots of folds in their skin commonly suffer from skin infections
These are just a few of the signs and symptoms of skin infections in your canine friend. You should take your pet to the vet to determine which type of skin infection they have and set up the right treatment.